Friday, September 8, 2017

Kits, anyone??

I'm jumping in here between squares to tell you about the bead colors I'm choosing from. A couple of years ago when I first joined the Contemporary Geometric Beadwork team, I made this piece, under the directive to 'think Eames'. Choosing from the beads I had on hand I made this:

You might recognize the Pierced Arrow coming off the pentagon.  I took this piece to Tucson, where I exploded it (you can see the video HERE).

From these colors we added some to create a palette to use throughout the upcoming CGB Pattern Book. We ended up with 35 Delica colors and 4 size 15 rocaille colors. It makes a pretty exciting, if pricey, kit.
Shoot, that doesn't even have the 15's!
I have been pretty happy with it so far. All of the patterns and kits in the Shop are drawn from the Pattern Book Palette, and the Prism and Primer kits will have several projects based upon them in the book.

I plan to stick with the palette here on the blog, as well as with existing kits I've already made from it (Prism, Primer, Persephone, etc.), to maximize the usefulness of having these particular colors. It's fun adding a wild card to pre-made kits, like we did with Sour Puss and this month's Ares, so I'll keep adding a wild card bonus free tube of beads to existing kits when I can.

Below is the Pattern Book Palette. It's hard to source all these beads from one place (ask me how I know, omg), so if there appears to be demand, I'll put some full sets together for the shop. Please comment or email if you would be interested in one!  It's a big investment for me, so I need to know I can sell them once I've ordered all those beads. The kits will cost $240, including Priority Mail shipping within the United States.
The beads are size 11 Delicas and size 15 rocailles. Many of the patterns in the upcoming CGB Pattern Book will use beads from this palette.

And while I don't have any bananas to add, there will be a few little gifts in each package of course!







No comments:

Post a Comment