Wednesday, January 31, 2018

32

This week I've done something a little different.

We went to Los Angeles over the weekend for a concert, and I thought with all that beading time I would come up with something spectacular. Well, we left late on Friday and it was too dark as we headed south, we arrived at 1am and Clio decided she had had enough sleep so what were we doing trying to sleep ourselves? MEOWMEOWMEOW!!

By the time we were headed north again on Sunday I was feeling pretty brain dead. I pulled out this center that I had started and struggled to find a direction. I loved the blend of Very Peri and Blue Dog, but couldn't find my black beads to continue the edging I had started, blah blah complain whine...then I noticed my tube of bead soup from the last couple of months.

In case you're not familiar with the term, Bead Soup is what you get when you don't bother to sort out your tray after working. They get scooped into a tube and create a nice blend:

I liked the result so much I decided to make a second square for earrings. I'm posting them for sale on my website Here.

Instead of a pattern this week, I am going to offer a recipe:


BEAD SOUP

Center:
Two colors, try tone-on-tone or high contrast (see last week's square).
Color numbers below refer to Miyuki Delica beads unless otherwise noted.

Other combinations to try are:
798 Blue Dog + 724 Gojira
651 Yellow Sun + 1202 Electrical Banana
010 Adam-12 (shiny black) or 310 Gravity (matte black) + 749 Cat Burglar
262 Absinthe + Electrical Banana
262 Absinthe + 375 Superfund
...the list goes on!
If you have trouble choosing, you can narrow it down to colors already found in your Soup.

I chose to line my fields of color with the most intense colors in the mix, Kandi and Tardis, and black, rather than two lines of black.

I used alternating rounds of:
798 Blue Dog + 760  Very Peri
791 Kandi + 795 Testy
for six rounds.

Edged with one round each:
010 Adam-12
756  TARDIS

Then nine rounds of Bead Soup. Mine contains a fairly consistent set of colors, from the Prime and Phoenix colorways mostly. There are a couple of odd silver-lined and metallic beads in there too.

Finished with one round each:
791  Kandi
010 Adam-12

And an edging of:
15-190  Mercury

You can always find basic instructions for making a Warped Square HERE.


And Clio?
She hopped into the car on Sunday without a mew, fell into a deep sleep for the entire trip and woke up early Monday morning in order not to miss her usual nap:

Feet up and everything!









No comments:

Post a Comment