Wednesday, November 29, 2017

23

Okay, this week's square really looks quite orderly, right?


Kind of a ribbon motif, the clear beads with white thread down the center is really beautiful, the thread shows up almost like quilled paper.

But I improvised this thing, working without a pattern or a sketch, and it is essentially working a bacon stripe in two directions. The first few rows after the clear center were really confusing! As I created the pattern, I told myself, "This is a CRAZY ribbon!" And so immediately the song Crazy Rhythm jumped into my head, specifically this version, by the incomparable Ella Fitzgerald.
So as a special bonus this week, you get a pattern and a song!

There are just a couple of Pylos Plus kits available left in the shop, with their bonus tube of Peep Show. Next week we'll be moving on to a new colorway for December. I want to come up with something festive and fun to wear for the holidays. No idea what it will be yet!





No comments:

Post a Comment