Wednesday, March 7, 2018

37

It was my intention to try another Pendleton square this week, but I was distracted by another idea.  I thought about how to disrupt the regularity of the beading weave, trying to create a sort of blurred but recognizable pattern. Like an old texture showing through weathered paint.


I really wanted more vibration in this design; I thought the green would show up stronger blended with my blues and give the colored sections a more graphic effect. I used Very Peri with Gojira, but think I should have gone with Blue Dog for my blue. Anyway, I do feel that the overall effect worked pretty well. There's a nice rhythm to the framing but it's just irregular enough to soften that brickwork of the peyote stitch.  The effectiveness of this 'blurring' made me think about mirages and how this would look using neutrals and metallic for a shimmery blur. So that will be next week, wish me luck!

PS!
This pattern would be another good candidate for Bead Soup usage. Use black or any color for the 'frames' and go for it! I have made the pattern showing just the black 'frame' beads to make that easier. And, I confess, because trying to chart the colored rows was seriously crazy-making! You can see here and there in the photo where there's a solid side of color, a couple in dark blue show up quite well. If you like that effect you can add a few rows like that too.



No comments:

Post a Comment