Wednesday, August 1, 2018

52!!!!

Wow!!

Here it is, the last of a year's worth of Weekly Warped Squares. It took a little over a year, but we made it!

I chose the Primer (Plus) colorway for this one, because it definitely surprised me the most this year, by becoming my favorite. I have long had a semi-obsession with subtle blends (witness all those gray and silver squares!), and when confronted with these primary tones I just didn't know what I could do with them. But I think these colors, both all together and used in smaller groups, made the most striking squares of the collection. 
And Peep Show!! Clear beads definitely have a place in my stash forevermore.

The addition of Sour Puss to the Primer set is the icing on the cake.

Thank you to all the beaders who continue to visit the blog. As I type, there have been nearly 28,000 views!!  Interestingly, there's only one subscriber. An extra big thank you to YOU! And to the beaders who have commented and visited me at events to let me know they have enjoyed the blog and made the squares. It means a lot to me that you took the time to say hello.

I don't intend to abandon the blog completely. I'm sure there will be more squares, and I'll share info about upcoming events. I will be leading a WS class in Truckee, CA on August 25!

Not sure if I'll propose another WSWorkshop for the Bead&Button Show, or create a packet for 2019. Time will tell, and I'll share it here and on FB and Instagram if I do.

So anyway, here's the pattern!

Size 11 Delica beads; basic threadpath HERE.





No comments:

Post a Comment