Wednesday, July 25, 2018

51

Okay, first of all: That Darn Cat!

Clio for some reason was all over me while I tried to work today. I think she wanted to go outside, but the guys working on our house go in and out of her enclosure a lot and I'm concerned she will get out. Plus, we have had a lot of rain the last few days, so it's muddy. Seems fair enough to me, but she wants what she wants, and kept getting in my face while I tried to design the square, and then, I swear, she was putting her paw on the thread while I worked. Removing the thread was judged a serious offense--Mrow Mrow!



I made her pose for pictures afterward, since I figured how much more crabby could she get? I wish I had audio here, because boy did she get CRABBY!

Fortunately, it's a pretty simple, summery square this week. I was inspired by these insane lilies that get 5 feet tall. I ride my bike past a house that has them in the garden. I'm determined to plant some next year, but for now, it's just a square.

Notice there's no edging!

In the pattern I have suggested Ares, light bronze, but black might be a striking way to suggest those irresistible lily freckles!

Made with size 11 Delica beads; the basic WS threadpath can be viewed HERE.




No comments:

Post a Comment