Wednesday, September 20, 2017

14

ME:  Clio, you're not helping.

CLIO: Is ok, I'm not trying to help.

I did manage to get my square done this week, despite Clio's assistance:

It's a particularly tasty 'bacon'-style stripe, in Prism Plus, September's featured palette.
I'm so inspired by textiles in my beadweaving, I really enjoy creating patterns that I feel honor the 'weaving' part of that word. One year ago, I was in Greece and I met a delightful woman with whom I connected immediately. She's a weaver in the charming city of Nafplio, and we had such fun sharing our work and ideas about experimenting with color and surface. She combines vivid silk with matte cotton to create wonderfully luminous stripes. I've named this square Gonidou, after her, and I hope you'll visit her website, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment