Wednesday, May 16, 2018

47

So Close!!

We are just five squares away from a full year, how exciting! It's nerve-wracking too, as there is a whole lot going on here just now, culminating in the Bead&Button Show in 3 weeks. 3 WEEKS?!

I'll make this quick:
Working in my beloved tweeds the last couple of weeks gave me the idea of playing around with the arrangement of the colors. I wanted facing quadrants featuring a single color to blend along the sides. So here there are facing quadrants featuring green and lilac striped with neutrals, and then all four colors are blended along the sides. It's pretty, but maybe not as striking as it could be with stronger contrast. Notice that I chose to work the 4-color sides so that the green and purple create 'horizontal' bands leading toward the stripe ends.

As always, you can find the basic Warped Square threadpath HERE. These patterns are shown worked in size 11 Delica beads. Bead kits still on SALE!




No comments:

Post a Comment